navigation

Monday 1 February 2016

Tried and Tested: Ardell Demi Wispies False Lashes



I feel like I've finally found my feet when it comes to false lashes this past year or so. I've at last bitten the bullet and began to introduce them into my makeup collection for those special occasions where you want to look a little bit more fancy and so far, so good. Don't get be wrong, it's taken me a fair few go's and fail attempts before things started to improve slightly and even now, it's not the quickest of steps in my routine - but I'm getting there. So far I've only really sampled lashes of the faux variety from well-known Blogger/YouTuber-based brands and now I felt comfortable with the whole thang, wanted to pick up some more from other ranges to give a go that didn't necessarily fall under the '#TeamInternet' subtitle. However, that doesn't mean I didn't take inspiration from the online beauty community when making this particular purchase...

Tanya Burr is always going on and on about these false lashes and how much she loves them - something which is clearly evident in the frequent appearances they make in her makeup tutorials. If she's using falsies, they'll typically be either a pair from her own cosmetics line, or these - and that to me was a decent enough excuse to give them a go. They are the Ardell 'Demi Wispies' False Lashes. There's a good chance you've already heard of them before as many others, alongside Tanya, also rave on about how good they are - so I'm calling this a classic case of group enabling, eh?

I picked these up mainly on the premise that to me they seemed rather full and dramatic, but still fairly wearable and 'natural-looking' at the same time. And on me they do infact do exactly that - I can wear these on a night out and they add a fair bit of 'oomph' to proceedings, but not so much so that it goes into the realms of me looking like I'm harbouring two small insects on my eyes. They have an invisible band so again this helps to make them appear as natural as possible and they have the sort of winged-out design that I personally look for in a lash, as it gives the eyes that gorgeous sultry, feline effect. The individual lash design itself is also very well thought-out in regards to making everything easy to blend in with your own flutter. The lashes have a criss-cross effect and are also feathered at the tips so mimic the natural lashes very well indeed.

The lashes also come with a mini Duo Striplash Adhesive - which is said to be 'the' eyelash glue for all your faux lash needs - and so far, I'm really rather liking that too. The other lashes I've used before have come with their own formulation depending on the brand, though I've always found all the ones I've tried to in some way cause irritation to my poor peepers - with application leaving some slight stinging behind initially. I wasn't holding out much hope for this one to defy the odds - but it did and I am one very happy lash-wearing gal for it. I think I may just pick up a full size of this stuff to use with all my lashes from now one to avoid all the uncomfortable side effects the others brought on.

So I guess that's one problem successfully solved and I think I may just have fell in love with another set of falsies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS