navigation

Monday 19 June 2017

A New Tanning Favourite...


Tanning-wise, I am all about the gradual tan. It's the only variety I've ever been brave enough to try and use and since I tend to get along with it perfectly fine, I've never seen the need to test out any of the 'proper' tans that you apply and then rinse off a little while later once it's developed. Instead, with the gradual ones it's almost like using your usual body moisturiser, just a tinted version that gradually builds up a nice, glowy colour the more times you apply it. Easy, convenient and completely customisable to how tanned you wanna go - and how quickly too. Over the years, I've used a fair few of these types of tanners and it's safe to say I've found some firm favourites but in these past couple of weeks, with the weather warming up a lot and my pale limbs needing some much-needed colour to them, I've actually discovered a brand new one that I have fallen in love with...

This is the Dove DermaSpa Summer Revived Light-Medium Gradual Self Tan and not only is it an absolute steal at only £6.99 for a very generously-sized bottle (and at the moment I think it's even cheaper at £4.99!) it is all kinds of awesome too. As I said, you get a lot of bang for your buck so if you do fancy doing your entire body, you should be able to get a good few applications out of it though personally, I'm only into getting some extra colour into my legs right now so it should last me even longer. The consistency is really, really nice - it's almost like a watery, gel-like formula as opposed to a thick cream so it glides onto the skin like a dream and really blends and buffs into the skin with little to no effort at all. The colour is very reminiscent of a normal body lotion and when you apply it, you don;t get any inkling of there begin any colour behind it all but put it on before bed, leave it to develop overnight and you are left with a gorgeous, natural colour. Sometimes, gradual tanners can be anything but 'gradual' and actually leave you looking a little verging on Oompa Loompa territory in just one light application but this one goes against the grain and actually does what it says on the tin - hallelujah! After one go I was left with a nice, barely-noticeable touch of tan but while I was only applying it to one specific area, I did fancy bumping it up a little more so went in a further two consecutive times the next two nights and felt that was enough to get my legs looking more sun-kissed while not looking a totally different colour to the rest of my body. Obviously, if I was coating every single limb I could perhaps got further but as I said, I really love how you actually have complete control when using this stuff. The tone of the colour it gives you is also gorgeous - it almost has a slight olive undertone so no matter how much you apply, you're never left looking orange and unnatural. It lasts well, doesn't transfer or come off easily and when you do need to reapply every few days or so - it does so very easily without going patchy or just a little weird-looking. All in all, I can see this becoming my new go-to when I want to look a little more bronzed and glowy and I cannot tell you how happy I am that I've come across a new favourite that i can come back to and really rely on. Plus, you're not left smelling like the inside of a biscuit tin (well, at least not as bad as when using 'traditional' fake tans anyway)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS