navigation

Friday 30 June 2017

June: The Lust List



Welcome to the second edition of my newest feature round these parts, 'The Lust List'. Alongside 'The Love List' that I do right at the end of every single month as a round up of everything I've loved throughout (see my last one, June's edition, here if you fancy), every three months - or quarter of the year - I'll be running through all of the things I've been lusting after too. So, with it now being the end of June - it's time for me to do just that once again. Let's get started...

URBAN DECAY NAKED HEAT PALETTE - I mean, this just had to be in there somewhere, right? Ever since it first being announced at the start of this month, everyone and their Nan has been lusting after it - and many even buying it in the flash sale a week or so later - and I have to admit, I have been going all heart-eyed emoji over it too. Whether I end up buying into the hype or not (right now, with the amount of warm-toned palettes I already own I'm thinking maybe not) but I can still want it, right? As I said, this is full to the brim with stunning shadows that are perfect for all us lovers of the warm tones on our peepers and if the supposed high quality of all of the Naked Palettes in general is anything to go by (I'm yet to try any for myself - yet), I feel like you would well be onto a winner with this one.

BENEFIT DANDELION TWINKLE HIGHLIGHTER - Aswell as their newly-released 'Hoola Lite' (the lighter version of their original bronzer, 'Hoola') that came out last month (I think), Benefit have also come out wit this highlighter too. While I'm all for a blinding, glazed-doughnut-esque highlight, I'm still very much appreciative of something that's got more of a subtle sheen to it for those days when you want something a little more on the natural side of things and from what I've seen, this highlighter does just that. It's subtle, but pretty and especially when it's Summer and you may not need too much extra glow going on, perhaps this could be a good one to go for...

L'OREAL VOLUMINOUS LASH PARADISE MASCARA - I'm always up for trying out new mascaras and while this one is yet to come to the UK just yet, I've already seen it cropping up on the videos of US-based 'gurus' and let's just say, I've already got it on my 'To Buy' List. Lately, I have been finally seeing what all the fuss is about when it comes to the mascaras from L'Oreal and all of the ones I've tried so far I've loved so in theory, this one shouldn't be any different, right?


ESSENCE LASH PRINCESS FALSE LASH EFFECT MASCARA - Another mascara that's grabbed my attention lately is this one from Essence. I am yet to try anything from Essence overall as a brand but I've hear some pretty good things and considering how everything they have is cheap as chips (seriously, probably the most affordable makeup out there) I have always been eager to at least give something they have on offer a go. I was watching a video from Lauren Curtis a week or so ago when she tested out a variety of drugstore mascaras and this one from Essence far surpassed them all - and it's far cheaper than the rest of them too. Shocker, right? So, I have now got my eyes firmly set on picking a tube of this stuff up pretty darn soon. Expect a review coming in the hopefully not-so-distant future...

RIMMEL STAY MATTE LIQUID LIP COLOURS - Aswell as mascaras, liquid lipsticks have to rank as another top product that I am always eager to try out. I love a good liquid lippie (you know, the ones that go on glossy and dry down to a super matte, super long-lasting finish) and whenever another brand brings a range of them out, I am usually all over it - especially when it's a drugstore, affordable brand. Rimmel are probably one of the last brands to get on the whole 'liquid lipstick' hype bandwagon and so I guess it was only a matter of time before they brought their offerings to the very-packed table and here they finally are. I am super eager to pick up a shade (or three) of these very, very soon... 

SLEEK METALLIC MATTE ME LIQUID LIPSTICKS AND BARRY M METALLIC LIP KITS - Another couple of liquid lipsticks that have grabbed my attention are these two from Barry M and Sleek. Both are a bit different as they are 'metallic' liquid lips - I know, I know. Sounds a little mad but hear me out on this one. When I first heard of the whole shimmery, metallised lip finish thang not so long ago I wasn't particularly keen on the concept but over time, I've seen a fair few that actually, don't look so cray cray as you'd first think and two which have caught my eye the most are these two ranges. Both are more Summer-inspired releases - with the Sleek ones being launched a while ago, while those from Barry M are more of a recent, super-fresh addition (I think) - but no matter how much time I've had to look at 'em, I'm still just as up for giving a shade or two a go.

TANYA BURR COSMETICS 'CHASING THE SUN' COLLECTION - It's no secret round here that I am a big fan of Tanya Burr Cosmetics. Ever since the brad first launched back in 2014, I have consistently tried out pretty much every single launch and you know what? I have loved pretty much every single one. Aside from the fact that Tanya is behind it, it's a brand that never fails to deliver on amazing quality products at an equally-amazingly affordable pricepoint and so it's now pretty much a given that whenever something (or somethings) are added to the line-up, I'll be trying them out before you know it. 'Chasing The Sun' is the latest collection of products - with a very apt name considering the time of year it's catering to and also the type of products within it. They're all completely new additions to the brand - cream contour sticks, stunning powder highlighters and yummy scented lip balms - and they're all very lovely and 'Summery' indeed and I literally cannot wait to get my hands on some.

REAL TECHNIQUES 'POWDER BLEU' COLLECTION - Real Techniques are yet another brand that I have been obsessed with for yonks now and have yet to try anything from that has even vaguely disappointed me. And they're another Blogger/YouTuber/Influencer-based brand too - Go Team Internet! Affordable, awesome makeup brushes and tools that rival far more Premium offerings out there and just like with Tanya Burr Cosmetics, as soon as I get wind of a brand new collection or release, I am usually first in line to have a look - and then typically make a purchase. 'Powder Bleu' is the latest launch from them and I think it may just be the most chic, sophisticated-looking range yet. Inspired by blue squirrels (yes they really are a thing), they're all adorned with black and dark navy outer casing, with the same colour theming extending to the colour of the bristles too. The whole concept of the range is a collection of super-soft synthetic brushes that are specially designed to work perfectly with powder products. Perfect, right?

W7 NATURAL AND BERRY EYESHADOW PALETTE - Compared to the last two brands I've talked about, W7 isn't a brand I've tried anything from before. I've definitely heard of it and the things they have on offer, but for some reason I've never tried anything from them before but if there's one item (or collection of items) that always catch my eye are their eyeshadow palettes. They are traditionally a brand that tends to 'dupe' higher end products and this time round, they've definitely took a lot of inspiration from the Anastasia Beverley Hills 'Modern Renaissance' Palette. Obviously, I'm dubious as to how well the quality would match up to the supposedly amazing standard of ABH but in terms of colours - they're pretty much exactly spot-on - even down to the arrangement. I'm intrigued...

NEW FACE MASKS FROM SOAP AND GLORY - Last, but definitely not least, I spotted some new bits from Soap and Glory popping up on a few other people's Snapchat's lately and I just know I want to give them a go. I love Soap and Glory as a brand - whether it be for bodycare, makeup, skincare, whatever - and now they're coming out with face masks. I know, I know. I also love a good ol' face mask every now and again and so combined together, it's a pretty perfect match. I may just have to keep an eye on my local Boots to see just when they finally make an appearance in-stores...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS