navigation

Friday 9 June 2017

New In At The Drugstore


It's time for another browse around the depths of the drugstore to see what's just-in and brand new. I love seeing what's new in at the likes of Boots and Superdrug and every so often, they'll be a collection of goodies all landing at the same time so what better way to round them all up than a post like this, eh? I've done a fair few of these before - I'll link them all here if you fancy a look - but if you're new round these parts, it pretty much does exactly what it says on the tin. Any fresh launches that have caught my eye over the past few weeks I've purchased, collected together and are going to show 'n' tell to you lovely lot. In the past, I've done a little first impressions or full review along the way but this time round, I've not had the chance to try anything so stay tuned for a possible follow-up very, very soon...

First up - Base. Collection have added onto their hugely-popular Lasting Perfection range by adding in some Colour Correctors (£4.19 each). You know the massively famous Lasting Perfection Concealer that everyone loves - myself included? Well, now they come in a variety of different colours to cancel out and banish those unwanted tones in your complexion as a first step. Genius. These claim to 'target your skincare woes' while being 'easy to blend and last up to 16 hours for a perfect complexion day to night' and let me tell you - I was super excited when I first saw these were being released. I love a bit of colour correcting when I have the time/can be bothered and I find it does make the difference to my makeup and so I just had to get my hands on them. Of the three - Lemon, Green and Lilac - I picked up the former two as I felt they were the ones which appealed the most to my personal skincare queries. While 'Lemon' is a great one for under the eyes to correct those pesky dark circles, the 'Green' is a great one for applying over areas of redness to neutralise and calm things down. 

Then, moving onto Eyes, also from Collection, they have added a new shade compilation to their range of Eyes Uncovered Eyeshadow Palettes. These are a great range of eye palettes for if you're on a budget, they're compact with just six essential shades and the colours themselves are super creamy and pigmented. The newest addition is the 'Matte Nude Rose' (£3.99). This claims to be a 'carefully selected palette including six matte rose shades that are so stunning and highly pigmented with such smooth texture that blends so easily to create the perfect warm-toned matte eye look that's perfect for Spring'. This is, in essence, a shimmer-free version of their original 'Nude Rose' Palette and it is just as stunning, in my opinion, if not even more so. Basically every shade is replicated to a tee, just in a matte finish. One minor 'criticism' I usually have with the range is that as a whole, there's not too many mattes to be found so this addition is a welcome one for me. I can't wait to pair it with my shimmery 'Nude Rose' to see what looks I can create. As with everything else, I will certainly report back. Sticking with the eyes, L'Oreal have also recently launched their 'Infallible Eye Paints' (£5.99 each) and these claim to be a 'hot collection of nude shadows that stay put from AM to PM. The highly-pigmented liquid to powder formula blends seamlessly for easy, flawless application, intense colour and all day wear'. As the name implies, these are a brand new range of liquid shadows. I was especially intrigued by these as for the drugstore, they are rather different. Powder and cream shadows can be found here, there and everywhere but liquids aren't as readily-available so I'm pretty pleased to see an affordable brand doing just that. Simply paint them on your lid, blend out the edges with a brush or finger and you're done. As always with creams and liquids, they can be used alone or as a base for powder shadow to be layered over the top of and all in all, they're a rather handy type of product to have in your stash. The entire L'Oreal range was on a 3 for 2 offer at the time so I picked up a trio of colours, of course - 'Keep On Khaki' (a - you guessed it - khaki, olive green-type shade), 'Sunset Goals' (a stunning, bright orange) and 'Champagne' (a pretty, light, shimmery golden hue). All super pretty in the tube and swatched on the back of my hand so fingers crossed they are just as amazing when lacquered onto the lids. Finally eyes-wise, I picked up the Maybelline Master Fixer Makeup Correcting Pen (£4.99). This is - again - brand new to the line-up and was something that also intrigued me as it was another sort of new type of product to hit the aisles of Boots and Superdrug. This claims to 'correct and touch up makeup up mistakes' and as soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to give it a go. I've never seen anything like it before - drugstore or otherwise - but it's definitely something I feel like I could give a try - especially for eyeliner. Sometimes when I attempt a wing it just doesn't go right and corrections have to be done and I'm wondering whether this may make things a lot more foolproof. Admittedly, I am a little unsure as to how well it will work for all eventualities as sometimes, I want to correct my liner that's already on top of other makeup (i.e. on my lid, on top of eyeshadow) as it will surely remove that too so maybe it will be best suited to cleaning up the outer edge when I'm doing my eyes first in my makeup routine? I guess there's only one way to find out...

Lips-wise, I have just one product - quite unusual for my typical 'New In At The Drugstore' posts that tend to feature a handful of lip options. This time round though, it was only this recent addition from Barry M that caught my eye. This is another shade of their Matte Me Up Lip Kits (£6.99 each) - that I've already bought all original three shades of back when they were first released here - and since I love them so much, I was very much up for adding this newest drop to my collection too. They are 'a non-drying, ultra long wearing formula that's easy to apply and will leave lips with a gorgeously bold finish with a matte liquid lip paint and matching lip liner'. This is again a limited edition product - much like the original three shades (though I think Barry M may or may not be looking at getting them back in soon?) - and so I think that only served to make me snap it up as soon as I spotted it in-store. This is the shade 'Blowout' and has been released by Barry m as part of their celebrations surrounding their 35th Birthday. I'm yet to test it out but from the outer casing and the packaging of the product itself, it seems to kinda have Tanya Burr Cosmetics 'Martha Moo'-type vibes. You know, that matte liquid lip I was obsessed with for the most of last year? I loved the pinky, mauvey, browney-nude tone of it and I sort of feel like 'Blowout' may just be pretty similar. Once again though, I will be trying it out properly very, very soon so I'll hopefully know for sure then.

Last, but certainly not least - Nails. Maybelline have launched new range of their Color Show Nail Polishes - the 'Fairy Spell Collection' (£3.99 each). This range has a 'gel-based formula that combines bold, crisp colour with fashion-forward shades for the hottest nail looks. With a fast application brush and quick dry formula for quick and easy application'. The collection includes a grand total of four shades (I believe) but I picked up just one to try out and showcase in this post for you lovely lot. This is 'Unicorn' and it was the one colour that stood out to me the most and I felt I just had to add to my collection. It's more of a topcoat than a traditional colour, but's one with a difference. Integrated within the clear formula are tiny flecks of holographic glitter and so, as you can imagine, layer this on top of any of your favourite nail lacquers and they'll instantly transform and become something rather special indeed. I can't wait to test this out with some of my top, go-to shades. Then, finally, Barry M have launched a brand-new range of their Coconut Infusion Nail Paints (£3.99 each). As always, these claim to have 'an entirely new and innovative Nail Paint formulation, with a unique and caring blend of Coconut Water and Coconut Oil to gently hydrate and nourish the nails while delivering a beautifully smooth, gel-like glossy manicure'. I was so impressed with the original launch of these lacquers back last year that I was super eager to possibly expand my collection with this SS17 drop. This time round, they've added four new lacquers to the pre-existing lineup and they are all stunning, I must say. Of them all, I opted for the two which grabbed my attention the most and they were the shades 'Popsicle' (a bright fuschia) and 'Flip Flop' (a neon orange). Both super vivid, eye-catching and just generally in-yer-face and I cannot wait to give them a whirl and rock them on my nails this Summer. Expect a 'Polish Pick' (or two) in the not-so-distant future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS