navigation

Friday 23 June 2017

The Pre-Base Makeup Routine...


Recently, I've found a good, pre-base makeup routine that I really rather like. I feel like one of the most essential steps of makeup is priming and just generally everything that goes on beforehand and so whenever I come across a product, or combination of products that work towards doing just that - I am a very happy bunny indeed. So, why not share that with you lovely lot, eh? Let's get started...


First off, I've got a new favourite day cream/moisturiser that I've started using recently. This is the Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Day Cream SPF15 and I am loving it so far. If you've read round these parts before, you'll probably remember that I've dabbled in the skincare offerings from Simple a few times before in the past so when my current day cream reached the end of its life, I fancied trying something new from the range and picked this one up. As I said, this isn't something I've used before - and the whole 'Age Resisting' Range in general is pretty new to me - but seeing as I've had such good experience with the 'standard' moisturisers from Simple, I figured I'd give it a go and I'm pretty glad I did. It's a very thick consistency, so you only need a tiny amount (more half a pump than a whole one) but it applies and sinks into the skin like a dream. I like the fact it's got the standard, minimum level of SPF in there for days when I don't necessarily need any higher protection (I definitely have something waiting in the wings for when I do though) and with me now in my twenties, I figured it might be time to start using the occasional product that claims to be anti-aging - or 'age resisting' as this one puts it. Whether it actually does that I'm not entirely sure (check back with me in 50-odd years to see, lol) but I like the idea of introducing products into my routine that will *hopefully* keep me looking all plump and 'youthful' for as long as possible. Fingers crossed, eh?

Then, as I mentioned, if I wasn't going out that day, wasn't going to be out for very long or wasn't going to be in full, direct sunlight that day I would probably leave it at the aforementioned day cream in terms of sun protection but if that isn't the case, lately I've finally found something that offers a little bit (or a lot) more. For the past couple of years, I've been toying with the idea of introducing a proper SPF into my routine - especially for the warmer, Spring/Summer months - but I've partly never gotten round to it and just partly never come across one which a). is pretty reasonable in price and b). has raving reviews and it's only this year that I've discovered this one which fell into both of those categories and you know what? I really love it too. The main 'issue' with facial SPFs is that you don;t just want the high protection, but you also want something that sits well underneath makeup and also is completely translucent and so has no 'white cast' (no Caspar-The-Ghost vibes please and thankyou). Then, I spotted the Soap and Glory Make Yourself Youthful Sunshield Superfluid SPF50+ and after doing some research and seeing and hearing so many good things, I gave it w whirl and I think I may be onto a winner. This stuff's super thin in texture, sinks into the skin nicely, doesn't feel heavy and isn't at all detectable once applied. It has the highest level of protection you can get - aswell as a tonne of other amazing benefits - and it doesn't interrupt of interfere with my makeup either. I can see myself using this for a long, long time.

Finally, for actual priming - and the final step before proper makeup - lately I've been obsessed with the Tanya Burr Cosmetics Face Illuiminator. Now, while this isn't specifically aimed at prepping and priming your skin before makeup, that is exactly what I've been using it for and really enjoying it so far. I tend to take a couple of pumps into my hands and disperse it all over my face and not only does it give a nice, all-over glow to my skin, the slightly tacky consistency that it leaves behind makes for a great base before going in with my foundation and everything else. Ready, set, GLOW...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS