navigation

Monday 12 June 2017

Tried and Tested: The 'Wet' Brush


Up until recently, pretty much the only hairbrush I owned was a cheap, old, basic wide-toothed comb/brush that I'd had for absolute years. For the most part it did me well (it did brush my hair, afterall) but for a good while now I'd been noticing that while it may get the job done eventually, it wasn't the quickest, most effective and just generally the 'best' option out there. A year or so ago, I finally got the opportunity to try out the infamous 'Tangle Teezer' that I'd heard such rave reviews about and loved and while I did get the hype, it never replaced my haggard old comb and became my new everyday favourite. While I loved the whole concept and the way in which it glided through my tresses with little to no effort required and got rid of any tangles quickly and without causing any damage, I still was a fan of the traditional format of a brush that came with an easy-to-hold handle. And that's where 'The Wet Brush' came in... 


It was a while after first seeing reviews pop up about the 'Tangle Teezer' that I spotted someone mentioning 'The Wet Brush' as an alternative that's just as good, if not even better. It seemed to have the same kind of format when it came to the brush itself - lots of super-fine, super-flexible bristles allow you to brush and detangle your hair with no fuss at all - but this time round, it comes with something to actually grip onto. It's more reminiscent of you classic hairbrush style and so it pretty much instantly went onto my beauty wishlist, then and there

And it stayed there for a good while too. I went through phases of either being super eager to invest in one, before then wondering if it was really worth the splurge (paying nearly £12 for a 'just a hairbrush' is quite a lot if I'm honest) and chickening out. But, when my Birthday rolled around this year and I was lucky enough to be gifted a good ol' Boots voucher (my big Sis sure knows me well) I guess that was the final push I needed. I really wanted to use it on something a little different to what I tend to typically buy in there when I'm spending my own money (a.k.a. makeup), on something I'd perhaps had my eyes on for a while but never got round to buying myself and hopefully filled the amount of money in one go. And then I thought of this item again. It fit the bill perfectly and - combined with the fact that Boots currently had a loyalty card points offer running at the time - in my basket one went. 

I was super eager to finally give it a whirl and I can confirm that it really is as good as I thought/hoped it would be and I'd more than day it lives up to the massive hype surrounding it. It works in a near-identical way to the 'Tangle Teezer', but the handle makes it a tonne more quick and easy to use. The bristles slide through my hair like a dream and are super efficient at getting rid of those knots and tangles - but without any pulling, tugging or snapping of my hair. Normally with my old brush, I'd have to be so careful with how I used it to make sure it didn't do any of those three things - and thus, it would usually take me a fairly long time to actually brush my hair - but with this, I can confidently glide it through without any fear of things going wrong. As always, I tend to start at the very ends before gradually working my way up to the top as that is the method that is always highly recommended and seems to work best for me and I have to say that it only more true now I have this brush at hand. This is a new staple in my routine, fo' sho'. *Runs fingers through hair*...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS