navigation

Friday 3 November 2017

A Big Ol' Beauty Haul...


It's been a while since we did a big ol' beauty haul round these parts, hasn't it? That's not to say I haven't been buying anything beauty-related recently - cause as you can see here, I seriously have - but I guess I just haven't had enough to compile thought about compiling them all together into a not-so-little haul post for you lovely lot. Until now, that is...

Makeup-wise, I've recently repurchased a few items that I'm close to running out of and love and first off, the good ol' Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 'Fair'. You just knew this one was gonna make an appearance here, didn't you? My favourite, go-to, holy-grail concealer that covers everything from bags to blemishes perfectly, sits super nice on my skin and lasts all day long. And it's under a fiver - winner! Whist I was there, I also repurchased another product from Collection - their Primed and Ready Invisible Setting Powder. This has fast become my favourite translucent pressed powder - it sets without leaving the skin looking dry and chalky, doesn't add any colour, doesn't flashback and is again, a complete bargain - so I just had to pick another one up. For Brows, I picked up another of my current favourite brow pencil - Fleur De Force x Eylure Brow Define Pencil in 'Medium'. Ever since picking this dual-ended brow pencil a while back, I have fully fell in love with it. The deeper tone is perfect for bulking out and deepening up the main bulk of my brows, while the lighter colour is ideal for feathering colour at the front and as I said, it is now my new favourite for filling in my brows. The texture of the pencils is creamy, but not too creamy and though I do have to keep a separate spoolie handy, I love having the two colours I need, all there in one. I also picked up a new brow gel - which is technically not so much a proper 'repurchase' - but I have used it before and fancied trying it again. It is of course the L'Oreal Brow Artiste Plumper in 'Medium/Dark' and as I said, this was my firm favourite brow gel-wise for a long, long time. Lately, I've been all-over the Essence 'Make Me Brow' Brow Gel and while I still love that one, I thought about going back to an old fave. They're both very similar in the way that they set the brows into place, add a slight tint and also some added fibers for extra thickness to my very sparse natural brows. Very excited to start using this again. And then finally for straight-up repurchases, I picked up a fresh new bottle of my beloved Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray. Though I do dabble with various makeup setting sprays of brands and price-points, this one will forever be my favourite that I always come back to. It's on the more expensive side of the spectrum, but for me, it's definitely worth it. I really find this one to make the difference in terms of the finished look of my makeup and really locking it into place all. day. long. I loves it, a lot.

Moving onto Nails, I firstly picked up a new nail polish corrector pen. I really wanted to pick up my favourite one from Barry M but for some reason I couldn't find it anywhere and so in its place, I picked up the Essence Studio Nails Nail Polish Corrector Pen. Sometimes, when applying polish, I go over the line slightly and make a mistake and something like this is just a complete life-saver for situations like that. I'm hoping this one will live up to my beloved Barry M offering but as always, I will let you know! I then also picked up some new nail colours to add to my already-pretty-beefy collection. I know, I know. In my defence, they are all completely different to anything else I own and are all very Autumnal too - so I cannot wait to start getting my use out of all three in the coming months. They're all from Barry M - surprise, surprise - and, as far as I know, are all brand new shades to their line-up, which is very exciting indeed. First up, we have a new colour that's been added to their Molten Metal Nail Paints. I've really become quite a big fan of this range for when I want something with more of a metallic, chrome-effect on my nails and I just had to pick this new shade up. It's called 'Purple Frost' and - isn't it as beaut? A stunning deep purple with silver reflects - I cant wait to try it out. We then also have two new colours that have been added to their Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints (which are one of my favourite ranges from Barry M) and they are 'Blue Jade' (a medium-toned, almost denim blue) and 'Matcha' (a khaki green). I really love all of these colours and as I said, cannot wait to get lacquering up my nails with them - expect some 'Polish Pick' post coming your way very, very soon...

I've also picked up a couple of new Skincare things lately - again, mainly repurchases of some kind. I was in need of a new day cream, so picked up another of my current favourite - Simple's Regeneration Age Resisting Day Cream SPF15. This has been my go-to ever since I started using it months ago and honestly, I cant see that changing anytime soon. It does the job, works well under makeup and also supposedly helps to fight premature aging and has added SPF too. In my 'October Love List' (which you can find here), I spoke about how I've switched out my Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Pads for what is basically an exact dupe - the Superdrug Naturally Radiant Glycolic Cleansing Pads - and seeing as I love them so much, I picked up a new tub for when my current one runs out. I also really wanted to pick up a new eye cream as my current one is getting a little low and seeing as I really enjoyed those pads, I figured I'd go for one from the same range. This is the Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening Eye Cream and again, it sounds really good and is rather bargainous too. I'm pretty hopeful for good things and I will of course let you all know how I feel after I've given it a try...

Finally, we have some Tools-type bit 'n' bobs that I didn't really know where else to fit them into a pot like this so hey, were throwing them all together at the end instead! I fancied trying some new false lashes for a change, seeing as right now I tend to stick to the same styles - and in the end, I picked up the Ardell Double Up Demi Wispies. I really, really like the 'Original' Demi Wispies and so, I figured I should try pick up these to try as I'm pretty sure I'm likely to love them. I'm also pretty intrigued to see how they compare - I will keep you lovely lot in the loop. Then, lastly (yes, really), we have a couple of lovely items from the awesome Real Techniques. If you've been reading round here for some time, you'll already know that I am the biggest fan of basically everything Real Techniques. An affordable makeup brush/tool brand that's amazing quality at the same time - what more could you want, eh? I spotted this handy little set in Superdrug a few weeks back and for some reason, have yet to feature it! This is the Prep and Prime Set and I believe it is/was Limited Edition - so I'm not sure if it's available anymore - but I figured I'd give it a mentioned nevertheless. It basically consists of five handy tools that are geared towards getting your base on-point. You've got a little spatula to scoop out every last drop of your products, a rollerball-type thing to cool down and refresh those under-eyes, a firm brush to apply your skincare products or face primer and then my favourite - a Miracle Complexion Sponge, plus a handy stand to put it on when you're not using it! Not gonna lie, those last two things are kinda what sold me the entire set as I'm so excited to have a brand new sponge to replace my current, rather-sad-looking one - plus something to finally keep it on. Then, when perusing Boots a couple of weeks ago, I spotted that the entire Bold Metals Range was half price and seeing as they are a slightly more luxury collection (with a more luxury price-point to boot) I jumped at the chance to pick up a brush I'd been eyeing up for a while - the '203 Tapered Shadow' Brush. As I said, most of the Bold Metal Brushes never really caught my eye especially, but this one always did and I'm pretty excited to finally have it in my collection. I already have a lot of eyeshadow brushes, but I really feel like this is a nice little addition to my brush pot. It's almost like a mixture of a few different eye brush styles I already have. It's dense, yet fluffy and is also slightly tapered towards the end and I can really envisage this being the sort of brush you can use in tonne of various ways - whether to pack on colour onto the lid, add definition to the crease and outer corner or even blend things altogether. I do love a good multi-tasker...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS