navigation

Friday 26 January 2018

Empties #23


It's time for the first 'Empties' post of 2018! I'm sure you all know the deal by now - I collect all of my fully finished beauty products (usually ones I've never featured in this series before) and once there's enough, run you all through them, giving my thoughts and opinions as we go along. If you fancy checking out all of my previous editions - you can do so here - but now, let's just get started... 

TRESEMME HEAT DEFENCE SPRAY - Starting with Haircare, I have completely used up this heat protecting spray from Tresemme recently. I kinda went back to basics, heat protecting-wise and thought I'd give this old favourite a go for a change and really enjoyed doing so. Obviously, you can never really be totally sure of how well something like this product works, but if the overall look and feel of my hair is anything to go by, I think it's done a pretty good job. 

OGX SUNKISSED BLONDE LEMON HIGHLIGHTS SHAMPOO - Also for the ol' hair, I have recently totally used up my shampoo from my previous duo from OGX. Right now, I am all about the Hydrate and Tone Reviving + Lavender Luminescent Platinum Collection (I actually think I may prefer it - it may be the best range I've used from OGX so far), but before that, this range was my favourite for both making my hair silky smooth and shiny and also keeping my blonde looking bright and brass-free. In my last 'Empties', I featured the matching Conditioner as that was what I used up first but I actually repurchased another to use up the remaining Shampoo and as always, really enjoyed using them together.

BLEACH LONDON REINCARNATION MASK - Finally Haircare-wise, I don't often use dedicated hair masks (I usually prefer to simply slather on a load of conditioner and deeply nourish my tresses in that way) but ever since discovering this offering from BLEACH London perhaps just over a year ago, it has been the one I opt for. It's incredibly thick, rich and intense and after leaving a coating on my damp hair for a while, it seriously does make my hair appear and feel so much softer, smoother, shinier and just 'healthier' in general. It also smells super nice too - which is always a bonus, right?

SOAP AND GLORY THE RIGHTEOUS BUTTER - Bodycare-wise, I again went back to an old classic and started using the infmaous Righteous Butter from Soap and Glory and really, really loved doing so. This is a classic for good reason - it. is. awesome. A little goes a long way, it's super thick and rich and really does intensely hydrate my skin, but also absorbs quickly and easily and doesn't leave my body feeling sticky or greasy afterwards. The pot isn't the most convenient option out there, but it's more than worth the hassle and I'd highly suggest listening up to the hype if you haven't already...

SUPERDRUG NATURALLY RADIANT GLYCOLIC ACID DAILY CLEANSING PADS - In terms of Skincare, if you've been reading round these parts recently I'm sure you'd have heard me saying how awesome these pads from Superdrug are. I used to be a massive fan of the classic Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Pads - and then I found these, an almost-exact dupe. Seriously - from the packaging to the product itself - they are practically identical and come in at over half the price. What's not to love? They're super-affordable and really do the job at gently exfoliating my skin, leaving it looking brighter and even in tone and texture and feeling much smoother too.

RIMMEL MATCH PERFECTION SILKY LOOSE POWDER IN 'TRANSLUSCENT' - Moving onto Makeup and another favourite that you've seen me quickly become obsessed with over the course of the past few months is this loose powder from Rimmel. I started using loose, translucent powders for the very first time last year, when trying out the whole 'baking' concept and of them all, this one has by far become my favourite. It's quickly slotted itself into my 'everyday' makeup rotation and is just generally awesome - hence why I have now completely finished my first tube and have had to start on a fresh one. It's completely colourless, finely-milled and not only 'bakes' my face really well - it even works as  a great 'normal' setting powder too.

NATURAL COLLECTION WATERPROOF MASCARA IN 'BLACK' - Finally, a mascara that while it was a favourite at the time, is perhaps not so much anymore. I used to love this for using on my lower lashes as it was one of the few which didn't move or transfer - and while that still does hold up - nowadays, I am all about the MAC Extended Play. It stays in place even more so (the Natural Collection one did sometimes smudge a little) and makes my lashes look super long. This is still a pretty good option if you're on a budget, however personally, it's not my favourite anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS